From the moment you step into our Home, you will see that we have succeeded in creating a welcoming place for residents and their families to enjoy each other’s company. From our entrance, where families can gather in the comfortable sitting room, to our activity and therapy rooms, our focus remains on caring for the whole person. During the warmer months, a walk outside into our professionally designed garden reveals lush blooms, a soothing water feature and inviting benches for bonding with nature. For cooler days, a screened-in patio helps residents maintain a healthy connection with the world outside their windows.
Over 50 years ago, the need for a skilled nursing facility to provide care to older members of our New Bedford and Southcoast neighbors was a call to action for a group of forwarding thinking members of our Jewish community. Their efforts were rewarded on March 14, 1966 with the admission of the first seven residents to the New Bedford Jewish Convalescent Home.
Today we take great pride in the care we provide and in knowing that we continually exceed your expectations by providing a homelike environment where you or your family members will receive the security, comfort, support and assistance that you need.
Our highly skilled clinical and rehab team includes a Medical Director, Nurses, Physical Therapists, Occupational Therapists, Speech Pathologist, Dietitian, Activities Director and Social Worker.
Since opening our doors, we have been a home to residents of all faiths, while continuing the Jewish traditions of our founders in observing the Jewish holidays and customs. All food prepared at the home is kosher in accordance with Jewish dietary laws and each Friday a Sabbath meal, preceded by the Kiddish a blessing over the bread and wine, is served. Clergy of all faiths are most welcomed and are encouraged to visit their congregants on a regular basis to provide them with the support so vital to their well being.
Contact us for more information.
- Medical Director Efrain A. Tores, MD, visits residents on a regular basis and is responsible for coordinating their medical care and providing clinical guidance and oversight.
- Our nursing staff comprised of RNs, LPNs, and CNAs provide both short- and long-term care around the clock.
- Our Therapy Team consists of Physical and Occupational Therapists and a Speech Pathologist all dedicated to restoring each individual to their highest possible level of independent functioning and self-esteem
- Our full time Social Worker helps residents and families in developing care plans, navigating the healthcare insurance maze, and providing the support and comfort to families and residents that are so vital to one’s well being.
- Our Activities Director is adept at developing programs and structuring activities that are informative, exciting and interesting to our residents and continually enhance their quality of life.
- Our Dietitian provides for the nutritional needs of all our residents and helps us maintain our high standard of food service.